We strive to ensure that every child has access to the arts.
Ideally, this exposure is in the school environment and is just
as important as any other topic.
- In 2020 Chance to Excel supported the San Mateo/Foster City music program to ensure that students could continue to have this vital program during the Covid-19 pandemic. Our donation allowed the program to purchase 24 flutes and 25 clarinets.
- For the second year, we have completely sponsored LEAD School in San Mateo, Ca TK-5th grade school that could not afford an in-school art program. 580 students now receiving art lessons. 22 elementary classrooms now have Art as a standard part of their educational experience.
- We sponsored Lincoln Elementary School Art program located in Chinatown in Oakland California. This program supports K-5 grades and over 600 students. Over 45 Classes will be delivered by the Art Project by Dan McClain.
- We expanded our support of the arts by providing a grant to the Castro Valley Education Foundation (CVEF) to start a district-wide Theater program. Previously, some schools were unable to provide their students with this enriching experience due to the inability to raise funds to pay for expenses. With the creation of the new district model, this program will be available to all students regardless of their financial situation.
- We sponsored the Portland Community College (PCC) Rock Creek Campus Music Program, which has a strong belief that all students, regardless of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or economic means have access to a top-flight education.Chance to Excel selected the program with the aim of providing top-flight performance opportunities to students from less privileged backgrounds. The funds will support costs associated with performances, professional recording, and travel, plus education and clinic opportunities. Without this grant, this opportunity would be out of reach for our program.